Breakfast is important. Because breakfast is the first meal of the day, it sets the tone for the rest of the day.
Here’s some facts you should know about breakfast…..
- Too much sugar and you will likely crash and have sugar cravings all day.
- Not enough water in the morning and your starting you the day dehydrated, which isn’t good for fat loss, muscle gain or anything.
- Not enough protein and your metabolism with still be sleeping.
- Not enough of some key micro nutrients (Vitamin C, and certain minerals) and your level of alertness, clarity and mood will likely be foggy and grumpy.
So there are 5 main areas you want to make sure you
- Protein: To boost your metabolism, burn more calories and keep your from craving sugar a good portion of protein in the morning is required. Good Options:
- ground turkey
- whey protein powder
- Greek yogurt
- cottage cheese
- fish (tilapia, salmon, etc)
- Vegetables: Whether you blend it up or cook them having some kind of leafy green veggie in your breakfast helps with knock one of two or three servings I recommend clients. One cup is all you need of any kind of your favorite veggies, This helps improve satiety (feeling full and satisfied) and provides the micronutrients needed to process fats, proteins and carb property. Can loose weight? This might by why, your body doesn’t have the vitamins and minerals in needs to properly digest food. Good options
- Green/red/orange/yellow pepper
- Water: If you hydration status is bad (meaning your dehydrated) you can flush out toxins. This creates, the problems where toxins get stuck in the body as well as fat. More water more fat loss. How much water should you drink?
- For the entire day take your body weight x 75% = the number in Fluid ounces you should aim to drink,
- In the morning 16 to 20 oz of ice cold water
- Healthy fats, without healthy fat your hormones will essentially shut down. Fats are not going to make you fat, they are actually one of the KEY ingredients to a lean body, higher testosterone and more muscle mass. Best morning breakfast options:
- Coconut Oil
- Brazil nuts
- Macadamia Nuts
- Olive Oil (extra virgin)
- Carbohydrates get a bad reputation because people abuse them. Choosing the right carbs in the right amounts is the secret to enjoying them without letting them ruin your goals. Best morning carb sources. A small fist full will be the amount to aim for!
- Potatoes (not fried)
- fruits (berries, pineapples, apples, melon fruits)
- Ezekiel Bread
- Cous Cous
Cover these bases and start building more muscle, getting leaner and looking how you want to look!
Luis Diaz C.S.C.S.