There are tons of exercises you could use to develop and strengthen your glutes. One search on youtube for “glute exercises” yields 124,000 results.
But lets be honest, we don’t have enough time to test them all out, nor do you have time to learn the correct form and technique on your own. That’s why it is important to get proper training instruction from a professional to reduce the learning curve and speed up your results drastically.
So with that being said, today I am going to tell you one of the most effective glute/lower body blasters.
It is favorite movement, and it is the Romanian Deadlift (RDL).
In short, this exercise is not only an amazing variation on the deadlift, but it is also a great builder of the glutes and hamstrings.
1. To begin with, grab a barbell, and take a grip about shoulder width apart. If you are using a dumbbell, that is fine too.
2. Set up with feet hip width apart (you can have your toes straight or slightly outward)
3.Push your butt back an inch, while having a slight bend in your knees and do not let them slide further than this during the movement.
4. Keep your chest up nice and proud.
5. Drag the barbell or dumbbells as far down as you can while maintaining a flat lower back. Control it the entire time.
6. The barbell/dumbbells do not need to touch the ground until the set is over.
There ya go! Give it a try. Reps, weight and sets depend on what stage you are at in your training and differ from person to person. Finally, for the most optimal results – a custom program for you depending upon what stage of training you are at is best.
If you would like a complete free zero commitment training session to see what just how fast you can transform with the right coaching, call (561) 204-5033 today to set up your first nutrition and training consultation.